Monday, January 19, 2009

It's that time again

Well......here we are again. Mark left Last Sunday for Iraq. It seems like we just did this. Oh ya we did. I think this time around is definitely harder on the kids. They have all had behavior problems this last week. But it is the first week of Daddy being gone so I'll go easy on them. Mark is stuck in limbo he isn't at his final destination point yet. He's pretty miserable. So far since he's been gone I had to take the dog to the vet to be put down (long story, not easy decision) ,went grocery shopping with 7 kids twice, returned 29 late library books with same 7 kids and took 4 kids to the dentist on the same visit! Whew that was a lot of fun. This is the short list there are lots of other fun things we did this week like...12 loads of laundry......12 loads of dishes......swept the floor 10 times........you get the idea. But truly this is all said in good humor the kids did awesome on all outings and are a big part of the cleaning. I also couldn't of done it with out the help of a very nice brother in law- Ben who came with me to the vet and the dentist. Darci would of come but she is prego w/twins! I plan to update a lot more frequently now that Mark is gone. This blog is a way we stay connected. When you have one or two phone calls a week for 15 to 20 mins for the whole family to talk It's difficult to fit in all that happened that week so I write it on this blog so he can read it and laugh at the absurdity of it all!
To Be Continued......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! And..okay..I'm just gunna say it. Why the frick didn't you call me? I'm sure, at least I'm hoping, you would have rather sat at the vet/dentist's office with me rather than Ben. No offense, Ben.

Trina said...

That first week, ok maybe month seems to be the hardest.(The first month is for my family anyways.) Sorry to hear that you had to put your dog down. That's so sad.

I love all of your family pictures.

guthriejen said...

Thanks for adding me! Your family is so cute. I love your family pics. I can barely handle 2 kids, so I am very impressed with you!

Valerie said...

I love the family pictures! I just cut my hair and thought you did too...but it's in a ponytail right? You should join the club...Chrissy and I have made the plunge and I dropped my hair magazine off at Mary's house for her to look through...our whole presidency could look like quadruplets!

Karcher said...

You finally cut your hair!!!!!! How short??? And yes my hair is in a ponytail in the pictures.

Anonymous said...

You are the WORST blog updater EVER! I know you have lots to share, so do it!

Also, don't look at my blog cause I haven't updated forever either.

That is all.